The“Corporate Communication Portal and Mobile Application (SunConnect) Project”, which was developed with the Unigate infrastructure specifically for SunExpress's needs, has been successfully implemented within the scope of Intranet and Corporate Communication Portal, which is used to facilitate internal communication and interaction.
SunExpress, one of the leading holiday Airlines of Europe, was established in 1989 in Antalya as an equal partnership between Lufthansa and Turkish Airlines. SunExpress is among the largest airlines that fly between Germany and Turkey with more than 90 destinations in 30 countries, 84 aircrafts and over 4.200 employees. In 2019, it was chosen by Skytrax as the 5th Best Airline of the World, and the Best Holiday Airline of Turkey.
Project Needs and Scope
SunExpress has been using an Intranet since 2007, one that had an internal communication platform. With the innovations in technology, the needs are changing as well, and due to the fact that the Intranet was not able to meet all demands regarding communication and interaction, the need for a new platform has emerged. The company's staff were situated in various locations and different roles, and the flight personnel in Germany and the ground crew in Antalya required separate communication channels.
Medyasoft's product, Unigate Content Management System that provides a developable end-to-end solution, its experienced UX / UI design team, analysis and software architecture, integration with CRM, ERP and backend systems enabled SunExpress to choose to work with Medyasoft in the project.
With the participation of SunExpress Corporate Communication Department, It Solutions Department and the departments in Germany, SunConnect project was successfully implemented within 12 months with Medyasoft's experience in the aviation industry, providing the best solutions to communication needs. SunExpress employees have access to all kinds of information and communication via SunConnect platform from any mobile device or computer wherever they are, without any time and space constraints. This platform, with which SunExpress aims to increase communication and interaction, is also used as a communication channel that employees can take part in, just like social media, and express themselves easily.
Features Offered within the Scope of the Project
- Operational and shareable information where the flight crew can view the flights assigned to them
- Display of menu and content related to different roles such as Office Personnel, Cabin Personnel, Cockpit Personnel, Commercial Personnel, Technical Personnel
- Mobile compatible responsive screens
- Minimalist flat design
- Easy-to-use administrator panel
- Easy categorization with hashtags
- Content pages such as news, announcements, activities, articles, etc.
- Photo and video gallery
- Survey module
- A forum page with category-specific broken down features (posting, following, liking and commenting, etc.)
- Bulletin board listing the products (cars, goods, musical instruments, etc.) that employees can sell to each other
- Content display in 3 different languages (English, Turkish, German)
- MyRoster function, where the cabin and cockpit crew can view detailed roster (task list) information
- Demonstration of flight details (MEL, TLB, fuel, runway, weather, etc.) of the cockpit crew
- Dashboard screens showing operational information
- Daily Traffic function with daily operational information
- Aviation news
- English education portal
- Easily accessible external links
- Menus for cabin, cockpit and all personnel
- Seat Availability function where employees can see the current status of their flight rights
- SunExpress's Intranet portal has been renewed to have a reliable and active structure.
- Easy access to time and location independent information with web and mobile applications
- A platform was created for employees to use as social media.
- The communication channels with the employees of the organization were increased and accelerated.
- The daily operational processes of the employees of the organization have been made easy via the portal and mobile application.
- Notifications can be sent to employees faster thanks to the mobile application.
- The documents and announcements that are intended to be read by the employees are made more accessible via the communication portal.
- Role-based breakdown in notifications and contents has been made possible.
Serdar Alyamaç, Corporate Communication and PR Group Manager
This project, which we set out to increase the interaction within the company, has a dynamic structure. With the cooperation of Medyasoft, we aim to further develop our platform and bring it to a level that can respond to the needs of our employees faster. We would like to thank our business partner Medyasoft for meeting all kinds of requests from us in time.
Mustafa Hilmi Tetik, Airline Business Solutions Group Manager
Initially considered as a corporate communication platform, the project gradually became a channel where different needs and different operations could be managed. We would like to thank our business partner Medyasoft and his team for the satisfaction provided as a result of the product quality, usage and positive feedback received from users.